Saturday, February 15, 2014

Where Yesterday Ends and Tomorrow Begins

It's been a tough couple of months. While I am not dealing with an illness or a life changing event I do still feel I am in the middle of something I can't control.  Everyday I feel the pull of yesterday against the pull of tomorrow.

I suspect this constant pull is of my own doing.  As far as I can remember I can only do things one way-full power.  I have a work ethic that matches few people.  Work for the past 28 years has consumed a majority of my life.  I have always been the go to girl.  Why cause I get the job done.  I will go the extra mile no matter what.  I am loyal and put work above my personal life.  To others it appears I can do anything. While I can pretty much figure out how to do anything I am, in the end, one single person not Wonder Woman.  While I voice now that I am at my "breaking point" its not often heard or understood or even headed.  I know situations currently warrant that I must push through this breaking point, my constant eye twitching is telling me otherwise.

So maybe this little breakfast and a mimosa this am brought to me by my hubby will give me the break that will calm my eye twitching and refresh my Wonder Woman facade.

No comments: