Sunday, February 9, 2014

Day 3 and 4| Page Arizona

Page Arizona, the home of Glen Canyon Dam and Lake Powell is also the home of a large Navajo Reservation the has the upper and lower Antelope Canyons.  I have seen tons of pictures of the canyons and knew I wanted to photograph them.  You have to take a tour with a guide from the reservation.  I used Adventurous Photo Tours.  I was the only person on the two canyon tour, which was great.  The guide really helped me with my camera settings.  The canyons are dark and a tripod was necessary.  The colors come alive in your pics.  So much more than in person.  During the summer is when you can capture the beams of light shining through the canyons, which would have been so cool. But I am really happy with my shots. I got and I didn't have to deal with the crowds.  The guide said summer is a mad house plus you have to deal with monsoon season which will prevent you from visiting the canyons.    Enjoy.











































No comments: