Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thankful

On Thanksgiving, everyone takes a  minute to stop and think about what they are thankful for.

This year was no exception.  Maybe I stopped to think about it a little more often given the circumstances.  Circumstances I did not want to ponder, but reality would peak in every now and then.  The goal of thanksgiving for me was to make memories. Memories that would not be forgotten and to relive memories that were once made.  My sister DeDe wanted a family reunion as well as a family picture.
The picture above was a request DeDe had made, her family all decked out in Hawaiian attire and a picture she got and a whole lot more, the good with the bad.  I am thankful we all had this time together, though no so sure she is by now as she is cleaning up the mess I am sure we left!

As children grow up and get married or start their careers dynamics change in the family.  We all have to change to fit that dynamic back into the same ole box.  I am thankful I was able to spend thanksgiving with my two children.
These two are pretty special to me. They are each fabulous in their own unique way.  I am very proud of them and how well they are doing in life.  

Family, it is everything.  When you have no one else, you have your family.  Son, daughters, daughter in law's, husbands.  I so love my family..  
I told them I only wanted a family picture and they agreed.  

So as we head out of the Thanksgiving weekend onto the Christmas season, I am mindful that each day is a memory in the making and I plan on making as many as I can.



No comments: