Thursday, August 29, 2013

Weekend-Here I come

Whew, its been a very hectic couple of weeks and a very long 7 days.  I am heading to the coast to unite with my siblings tomorrow.  I have been looking forward to it all week.

Its been a stressful few days.  My sister DeDe started her chemo last week on Wednesday.  It was her first round and it was a doosey.  Many Many texts back and forth with her husband (Captain) mostly medical questions ensued over the course of the week.  She required two unplanned trips to the doctor and one ER visit for hydration, which is not the norm.  Unfortunately I know just a little to much to make it nerve racking.  I felt like a yo yo!  Many times in my head i would think should i stay in Bako or run to the coast.  I wanted to support the Captain in taking care of her and reassuring him she was going to be ok, even if I wasn't sure myself I am the general of her army and its hard to lead from two hours away.   But yesterday she turned around and now she is feeling much better. So I feel much better.  Richard has been busy baking and mixing something yummy for me to take to DeDe so she feels the love we have for her.  He doesn't show emotion and is rough around the edges, but he does things like this that show me he cares.

So as I head off to bed, I will be dreaming of this crazy bunch of pirates below and look forward to our time spent together this weekend.

No comments: