Saturday, June 8, 2013

Project Life | Week 21

Hello week 21.  I was out of town last weekend so played a little catch up last night to finish week 21 and on to week 22.

This week I added an insert to include more photos from my trip with Barbara to Manhattan Beach.

 Here is how it looks in the book. Main pages on each side and insert in the middle.
 I utilized a card from May's Studio Calico Kit for my title card along with the Memorial Day card. I added an Ali Edwards Hello Life card that I cut with my silhouette. Letter stickers for the title. My date stamp on the title card was not perfect, but long ago I got over trying to be perfect, as life is not perfect and I let the imperfect stay in my book.
 Above  and below is a closer look at the insert.  I added a sticky tab to it with the date.  These were inserts from project life I bought couple years ago that were not sized correctly so I had to cut down some of the pics. But I like the fact it has both vertical and horizontal slots.

With this insert, for some reason when you turn the page the pics slide as you can see below.

 I added text directly to the cruzin pic in photoshop.  When I am in a hurry to finish up a page I always add more text to the photos.  
 Here above is the last two pages.  When I travel I always try to get a postcard.  The are usually just a tad bigger than the 4 x 6 slot but I trim them a little and write my journaling on it.  Postcards usually will have a little info about the place you visited and I like that.
The final page.  I choose this style of pocket so I could put all the business cards in the pockets of the places I visited.  Restaurants usually.  Its a nice way to remember the names for future reference too.  I added a hand written journaling card in the middle I found in my stash.  I used the new pilot frixion clicker erasable ball point pens.  I am the first to say I hate my writing.  But I t think it is important for my family to see my writing. Thus having an erasable pen is great for me as I make mistakes a lot!!  The only down side to these pens is they are light.  So sometimes hard to read on certain paper.
On my "make me cry, pecan pie" photo I went to g&g website and pulled off a copy of their logo and put it directly on the picture.   Over all put this week together in about 1.5 hours total.  

No comments: