Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Well

Well the book is done so that must mean I am ready to go!!  I am gonna have a busy next three months.  I spent the holiday weekend working on wedding stuff, work stuff, bridal shower stuff and travel stuff.  Finished my Dover/Phillie book so now all I have to do is pack.  Getting excited to see Stephanie and two states I have never been to.  So here's a quick look at my Phillie/Dover travel book.  Since I am so busy, I try to use a combination of pre-fab page protectors, others that I cut up and pockets to hold the stuff I gather.  It makes it easier for me to journal on the cards I included as I travel so my book is about put together when I get home. 



 Nowadays you print off your event tickets. So I usually print more than one so I can cut one up to put in my book!  Here is the Atlanta Braves vs Phillies that Richard is going to with Garrett.  Garrett is flying out to phillie for the weekend to go to the game with his Dad.  They are huge Atlanta Braves fans and want to see chipper jones again in person before he retires.

 Journal cards, various types to write down my adventures.

 A zipper pocket above to put little things I gather such as places we eat, maps, fun stuff. postcards

 A long journaling card that says "the story of today"  This page protector is 6 x 11 perfect to put a map on the other side, below.  I found this map about the civil war and Gettysberg in a national geographic magazine and saved it.  The red pocke is large and can hold bigger things.

 Journal cards for when we head to The monster mile are below a large empty page protector that I cut from a bigger one and sewed a label onto below

 I have three cards one for Kasey Kahne, Danica Patrick and Jr. Hope and pray i would be in the right place at the right time to get a autograph!  Ya I live in fantasy land.  Dont they know it would look good in my book??
 A printed racetrack map and another Jr card above.  Copies of a ticket event and a racing fram below

And since Chevron pattern is my favorite pattern I had to include an overlay sewed to a page protector for the last page.  YIPEE.  I am ready.  I plan on filling it up with a bunch or pics and memories.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is such a great idea and one I might actually do since the work is mostly done before you go. Where do you get journals like these? I bought a Smash Book for my granddaughter for our upcoming trip to London and this reminds me of that. Now I'm thinking of getting me one so I can journal along with her. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cindy Welch said...

Suzanne,
Its a we r memory keepers 8.5 x 11 sized 3 ring binder scrap book. I have used several page protectors, some I have cut up and sewed onto other paper or cut down to fit from 12 x 12 size. I printed the journal card to fit into the baseball card pockets. envelopes (red) are at target. I have have lots of the page protectors. I could help you if you want. just email me cndihrtrn@gmailc.om