Sunday, June 3, 2012

Project Life | Week 22


Week 22 project life is completed and in the book.  It was pretty full with inserts.
My project life takes two albums for the year. The first six months in binder on, second six months in binder 2, mostly because of the extra inserts.
I used two different page protectors this week. On the main page left I used Design B.  This week I also did not use a main title card, but a filler card that I adapted because I really did not like using the regular title cards in a vertical position, but next year they will be title cards that can be used in the vertical position, super excited.

Here is a closer look at the left hand side.  I typed some on the photos, on my flower photo i used Ali Edwards hand drawn journal blocks. I use a lot of her stuff in project life. I have a similar style and i like the clean lines.  On my martini pic I used Ali Edwards circle of life brush that I recolored with a chevron pattern. Chevron patterns are a new obsession for me.

The first insert is a picture of one of the Giant Sequoias. We went to the Sequoias this past Monday. I used K.Pertiet All You Need Overlays NO4 for the beautiful  word art.  and Patty Knox Acrylic Arrows.  Both found at Designer Digitals.


The back side of the insert is a little layout I made using a postcard I picked up at the park.  I like to use old vintage looking cards and sometimes they will fit in a 4 x 6 page slot, but this one was a little big.  I also bought a vintage envelope that was stamped in the park in 1974.  The scenic view sticker is from Martha Stewart.  The date stamps are actually from the cancellation stations in each park.  I have a national parks passport book that I stamp at each park I go to.  I bring extra paper and stamp on it first.  It fits a 1.25 circle punch.  I punched them out and adhered them here.  There are stamps for each park too that you can buy and it also has a description that I adhered onto card stock and placed on the layout too.  The final touch was a sequoia pin I picked up.

The second insert was a 6 x 12 American Crafts page protector that I placed the spring newsletter paper from the park and below on the backside is the parks map.



The final page above is Design D page protector.  Its the first time I used this style.  I placed some of the receipts in the smaller pockets and my journaling I used Ali Edwards Bracket Outlines that i cut out and placed on some card stock.  Love the outdoorsy feel of this weeks layout.  Loving Life!!