Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fathers Day.  Richard may not be many things, the most personable man. He is not easy going and he can be intense at times. But what he is, by no shadow of a doubt, a GREAT father.  Since the day I found out I was pregnant with Garrett, he has put all his attention and effort into his children.  He never missed a bath, a game, a play, a school program.  He got up with them at night and actually took care of them all night as I worked nights when they were babies.  Since becoming a father he has put himself last and even though they are grown, he continues to do it now.  Of course he is more vocal about that to them now!  If I have to define unconditional love, it would have his picture next to it when it comes to his kids.


Garrett is a lot like him, but most importantly he understands his father well and I am happy that they have had such a close relationship and even more happy that Richard will get to share in his son's adventure into fatherhood some day.



Rachel, Richard has a soft spot for Rachel, he just forgot to tell her about it.  He seems not to be as vocal about his pride in her, but he is more than proud of our little girl.  He loves her dearly and I am glad Rachie understands this.  She is a remarkable woman and Richards influence I feel has made her that way.

And now he is a GRANDPA.  He has a grand puppy names pepper. Who he SPOILS terribly. Please don't make any plans for Richard on Tuesday cause that's the day he watches pepper.  If this puppy is any indication on how he will be with grand kids, watch out.  It has been said Richie will be the babysitter and I can tell you he can't wait.  He is gonna be an even better Grandpa.  

And today is the first fathers day without my Dad.  I miss him terribly but know he is soooo happy spending it with Mama in heaven.  Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you.


No comments: