Sunday, May 27, 2012

Project LIfe | Week 21

Week 21 of Project life was a lot of fun to put together and required two inserts this week. I guess I had a lot going on.  Here to the left is how it looks when you open the week.  I intentionally blurred a story about my nephew as its not my story to make public but  a story i want to tell nonetheless.

Above is the left side.  Throughout the whole book this year the week is labeled with numbers either thickers or chipboard.  While I hate my writing I continue to write each week so my handwriting will be recorded.  I love the chevron pattern and filled Ali Edwards Circles of Life Digital file with the chevron pattern and then recolored it.
The first insert is a 6 x 12 American crafts page protector.  I used a portion of Ali Edwards Week in the Life template kit that I resized to fit.  Instead of one of the photos I used Cathy Zielske story savers 2 for my journaling.
 The back side of the 6 x 12 insert is a mini layout using a Studio Calico kit.  I printed my journaling right on the 6 x 12 cropped paper.  I measure my spot and create a new layout ins PS5 print it out on scrap card stock then use removable double stick tape and line up my base paper and print it again right on to my layout.  The story in not as spectacular as my new sentiment/wedding ring!
The second insert is the local paper that showcased my future daughter in laws in the People in business section.  I cut out Ali Edwards arrow with my silhouette.

 Below is my layout I already showcased of my Sisters new RV.  I ended up reprinting it for a 12 x 12 size so it would fit in the with page protector with the newspaper.
 The final side of this week showcases several photos I wrote on in photoshop.  I also utilized a smash sticker on my weekly flowers and I love punches. I punched an arrow and heart for one photo and hearts which i sewed on with bakers twine for another.    Really enjoyed the whole creative process this week.  Very therapeutic for me given my crazy 60 hour work week.   I think project life works so well for busy professionals.  LOVE IT!




No comments: