Saturday, February 25, 2012

A DOG KNOWS!!

This is a our black lab, Chole (coal). She is my husbands hunting dog. But what you didn't know, and what I would have not believed is she is able to diagnosis Leukemia.
For the past month or six weeks, she has been constantly in my dads part of the house. Lying next to him, getting up on his bed, sleeping at the foot of the bed. I was constantly telling her to leave him alone, thinking she was just hanging with my dad to get Treats. I feared more that she would get in his way and trip him and he would fall and break something. But despite my constant yelling at her to go lay in the other room, she wouldn't. If I could not find Chole, I knew where she would be.

A week ago my dad was in the hospital and we were given the diagnosis of Leukemia. He is seriously ill and to date we still don't know what type of Leukemia as its rare as had to be sent off for genetic mutation diagnosis. But Chole knew dad was sick six weeks ago. I have heard about this but never would have believed it if I had not seen it with my own eyes. Animals are a lot smarter than we give them credit for.

So for now, we are in a limbo. Waiting for a diagnosis, but given "its bad" talk. Hoping every ones expectations are on the same page. The next couple of weeks I am sure are not gonna be easy but Chole will help us through it.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hugs to you and your family, Cindy. Waiting is so difficult.
Take care,
Catherine