Sunday, September 18, 2011

Custer South Dakota

Hi there from South Dakota. We are here to visit Mt Rushmore and the surrounding area as it's something on my bucket list. On arrival the thunder storms rolled in making day 1 a challenge. First stop Cabelas

Richard was in heaven. The bad part is we drove by a hobby lobby and I didn't get to stop! So just had a few laughs

I think it's a good look for me! Any how we then headed to Bear Country USA as my twin said it was the bomb. We had minor pit stop to get rich his beer and ice. Gotta keep him happy. We saw lots f beautiful animals but it was pouring rain and most my pics on my dslr but here's an iPhone shot

We saw over 50 bears some bison,elk,deer,wolves and baby bears but it was really pouring then.

We then headed to Mt Rushmore. I was a little bum bed cause it was pouring but it was still MAJESTIC and we are gonna come back as we will be by there again.

After viewing the mountain and getting our national parks passport books stamped we headed to Custer and Jakes Bed and Breakfast. This place is BEAUTIFUL and I will have to do a blog post later about it. I highly recommend it. Here is one pic of our room.

So today sun is shunning and a warm latte is in my hand. Today we will tackle Custer national park

No comments: