Saturday, June 4, 2011

She fills My Mind and Heart Today

I am sure many thought today I would finally have time to download my 50 GB of Alaska pictures and post some of my wonderful trip. However something else, someone else fills my mind and heart today.

My BEAUTIFUL daughter Rachel or Rachie as I like to call her. She is leaving home today to move to Long Beach. I knew this day would come but I didn't expect it to hit me so hard. To fill my whole being with sadness and excitement all at once. She has left before but she was not leaving home, she was going to college first in Long Beach and then in England. I always knew she would come home. Today I look at her smiling face, I feel her excitement to start her new life as an adult but I am filled with loss. My baby, my sweet Rachel, off as an adult. This time she is not coming back to stay, maybe to visit but its not the same.

She packed up her belonging and loaded them up into the first car she bought on her own and headed out. I had left before her so she would not see how upset I was, how sad I felt, the tears coming down in sheets. I am sure another mother can understand, her dad thinks I am silly, but still as I sit to type this the tears return. Rachel is smart, beautiful inside and out, sweet, giving and unique. I know she will succeed. She knows I love her with all my heart. I am sure the pain will lesson with time. But for today, my thoughts are of Rachel. I love you Rachie and am so proud of you. You are the bravest woman I know. Your dreams, all of your dreams from your dream job, dream man and three children, including twins will come true. I just know it.

1 comment:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO understand!