Monday, February 21, 2011

True Friends

I was listening to Rosie Radio this past week and they got to talking about true friends. How many do you have. Most said they could only count them on one hand. That got me thinking as well. Who would you call if you had a lump in your breast or had a problem. At its true one hand. In saying that, I do have more than that if you count my sisters. We would do anything for each other, so that's a given. I have very few really good friends. Maybe its because I work so much it does not give me time to meet more, but I really don't let very many people in either but once your in, your in. So here is my list, in no particular order, just how my photos loaded.

Nancy Sutherland. I have known her for hmm almost four years I think. We met scrapbooking and hit it off. Our friendship was a little slow going at first, but through conflict we have found how much we mean to each other. We laugh, talk (about everything) and she gets me. Something so very few people do.

Next, Candice Banducci. We met through work five years ago and it took a couple of years to get to know each other and now she is one of my best friends who I know will always be there for me. We are totally opposite. She is a much better person than I and I try my hardest to get her to let loose. When she does, watch out. I am so thankful to have her in my life.
Debbie Villanueva. I have known Debbie for 23 years. She started out as my manicurist and now is my oldest friend. Debbie and I are two peas in a pod. She is better than a therapist, she is never afraid to tell me I am full of crap and is fierce in getting me to take more time for myself. We have traveled all over together and will be life long friends I know. She is amazing.

Many of you know Tommy, he has been my best friend for 20 years now. Richard calls him my work husband. We work side by side 12 hours or more a day for the past 20 years. Our day is full of stress and because we spend the majority of our time together, we cant help but be friends. I am sure Richie loves it that I have someone else to talk to so he does not have to listen to me blabber on and on about this or that. I am sure it helps that he takes out his frustrations and stress on me prior to going home as well.

Stephanie is on the right on this picture and I too can count her as a friend. She no longer lives here in Bakersfield and we don't get to talk as often as we would like, but she knows I would do anything for her as she would do for me. I really miss seeing her everyday but am super glad she is happy.

This year I have vowed to spend more time with my friends. So far happy happy hour monthly, movies, gourmet club, wine tasting and scrapping have all been done monthly. Life's too short not to enjoy it.

No comments: