Wednesday, January 26, 2011

TWENTY SIX


Today is my 26th wedding anniversary. I had two bouquets of flowers in my happy place, but Richie has been putting roses in my Happy Place every week now for over a month as I makes my happy place even happier. He is off duck hunting today, which is something that makes him happy. I would like to say these past 26 years have been wonderful, but its been a lot of hard work. I like the Richie of today much better, he is more kind, thoughtful than he was 20 years ago, but he still has that angry streak in him that I wish would go away. He lets very few people in, but if your in, you are in. He feels I am the luckiest woman in the world, he does all the cooking and shopping and fixes whatever I need and lets me go on my trips with my friends. And yes I am lucky. He does much more for me than I do for him, though I did birth the two people he loves most in the world!!!!! He is also lucky in that I work hard to support our family and have moved through all the tough times to still say Happy Anniversary. So for all those young couples out there, the grass IS NOT greener and it will get better. Happy Anniversary Richie ♥♥



2 comments:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

Nice sentiment sissy. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY,!!

Catherine said...

Well now are you not spoiled...
As well you should be.
Hope you had a wonderful celebration.
Catherine