Monday, November 29, 2010

What a weekend

This past weekend and holiday went by way too quickly and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Probably because its the first time in 18 years that I have not taken the week after thanksgiving off. I really didn't want to work today, but work is what I did. So much work
that I did not get a break or even lunch. Thus I was starving when I got home. Thankfully yummy mac n cheese was ready. Yum Yum.

We spent the Thanksgiving Holiday in San Diego. We had planned this before my mother passed away. It was good for dad to get out of the house. He stayed with my sister Lisa and will be back thursday as on Friday we are buring my mother at the veterans memorial cemetary on friday. We did get to take a few family pics at the beach and I only got one that I could use for my xmas card. I was disappointed but the weather, tide did not cooperate and it was a little much for my father.


Richard Deep Fried our turkey as usual. I love love love it this way. It only takes a hour and leaves the oven free to cook other stuff.


Richie just loves me taking his picture.

We have a family tradition each thanksgiving, we color the mash potatoes. This year lisa picked the color so it was no surprise that orange was the color of 2010. I love that they are always a different color.

pretty pretty orange.



I of course had my camera handy and laughed when I noticed myself in the window reflection.


yummy stuffing and yucky green bean cassarole. I hate green beans but I always make it for my family. Garrett told me this year that he loves my stuffing.


Here foo foo (my sister lisa) popped into the picture.


Glazed spiral cut ham. Did I mention I hate ham! But I always always make it for my family.


Golden Brown deep fried goodness of my Turkey. I could eat every inch of the skin if I could, but I would have to fight all my sister and son for it.
My sister in law, Gigit (rebecca) likes to make a "manich" which is a sandwich out of her food. I first saw her do this in Cancun and she always does it. She dances around while she eats it and its so cute.

You can look at the picture below and just imagine her dancing her her chair cause that is what she was doing. Loving her manich.

Overall it was a good holiday. We did not have fruit salad as my mama always made it and I just couldn't find it in my heart to make one. It would not be the same, thanksgiving was not the same without her. But I will move on and hopefully it will get better. I miss you mama. But we are thankful for each other. Dad is well taken care of mama and he ate all his food!!!






1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hi Cindy,
Looks like a lovely Thanksgiving feast and your photos are beautiful.
Hugs to you as you develop new traditions that are without your Mother.
Catherine