Tuesday, November 9, 2010

It begins

My new routine started Monday. The routine of my mom being gone and having to care more for my father. He has been such a trooper and going places with me and Richard that he would not have gone before. Sunday night he went to Garrett's baseball game and then went to Pizza with us. Monday I went back to work. I get up early and I left him a fruit smoothie in the frig, coffee ready so he could get his breakfast. Richie spent the day with him and zoey lou was his constant companion. Monday night is my bowling night.
I had my own personal coach. He told me what I did wrong and each game I got better. He then had all the ladies surrounding him asking for advise. He would give High 4 1/2's instead of high five as he is missing part of one finger and that got everyone laughing. At the end all the gals were telling him now come back next week, we need all the help we can get. Dad said he had a great time and was really relaxed. It was fun to see him laugh and joke and participate. Today Richie and dad are going grocery shopping. Should be fun and work, well work is busy as usual. Have a happy Tuesday.

2 comments:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

I spoke with dad just a bit ago & he said he had a great time. I asked him if he was going to charge you for the coaching but he said then YOU might start charging him!! As long as I talk slow, he does great on the phone. He told me about he & Rich going shopping (and even some of the things he got) and how good the food has been!! He sounded really good. :o)

Catherine said...

Hi Cindy,
Just wanted to pop in and say hi during this difficult journey.
Take care and don't overdo.
Catherine