Monday, October 11, 2010

The pumpkin patch

It has been several years since I have went with my children to the pumpkin patch. Rachie and I went to the movies today and saw the new katherine Hegal movie This is Life, which was very good, and then we headed to Murray Family Farms to pick our pumpkin since we were on that side of town. Well I was super disappointed and will not return. Why you ask?

This is the largest pumpkin in the patch and it cost me 10 dollars. This is the first and last time I head out to Murray Family Farms. To get on the hayride to pick your own stuff is 10.00 and you get one pumpkin and no time to pick any other fruit. So no apples or pears for me. I was really upset. I still took picks of course. Had to make the best of it and Rachel is always a good sport.


Isn't she a cutie!!!!

And look when I got off the hay ride these two little cuties were there getting ready to go pick their pumpkin. Ace and Addy my great niece and nephew. Stopped for one second to let me take a pic. Not the best but I got them anyway.

So I left unhappy and spend another 10 bucks on a bigger pumpkin that I should have just gotten from the store to begin with. Next time its the Banducci Pumpkin patch for me!~!!!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like a delightful way to spend a fall day : )
Catherine

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

wellll .... to make you feel better (?) a pumpkin that size from the Kula pumpkin patch in the up county here would have been $3 or less, but considering the round trip plane ticket would be $600+/- .... your 10.00 pumpkin was a steal! (ha-ha) LOVE the pics (and you look great in my Tshirt!)