Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Minky=Love

I have had a sudden illness in my family. My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer three days ago. Today I take her home on hospice. When I stayed the night with her I curled up with my leopard Minky blankie that my friend Suzanne made. It was soft and comforting. Last night my sister Lisa spent the night. When I came early this morning the first thing she said was " where did u get that blanket ?". It made me feel so good do soft I wanna get one. I said sorry Lisa it's one of a kind! And no I'm not giving it to you! Thank you suzanne for making me and my sissy feel better!!!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Cindy I'm sorry to hear about your mom. I know what you mean. I made a big Minkee blanket for Jeff when he was diagnosed with ALS and he took it to the hospital when he had to go with pneumonia and then to the hospice house when he died. I'm so glad that something so simple can bring such comfort. I always say that Minkee blankets are the best part of winter.