Saturday, October 23, 2010

The first year baby book


I put together a Everyday life, the first year baby book for my friend Debbie's son's baby shower today. I didnt have a lot of time this week so it went together in a total of about 3 hours, which for me is a short time. I am loving grey this year just love it and am drawn to it wear ever I am.
This album was inspired by Janet Hopkins Baby Milestone binder book. I saw it on Ali Edwards blog. It utilizes the house of 3 Babies first year printable kit and My Minds Eye Andrea Victoria Line, which also available for Designer Digitals.

If you look closely I tried Janets technique of using a medium and then stamping into the medium which leaves a texture. Mine was with matte not glossy medium and discolored a little but still cool, (difficult to photograph thou)

This is the first time I used a printable kit, which are pdfs that you print off and use. I printed most of the journaling cards, but resized them first. Really liked it. House of 3 has tons of printable kits which work for those who do not know how to use photoshop.


I also like how the book photographed againest my tiffany blue walls and dove grey counters.


I printed the frames on transparancies and put them on on the back of the journaling card leaving the top open so a picture could be slipped in.


This rose I made frame lace that I cut from a big piece of flat fold lace. I folded it and fathered the edge (yes suzanne i sewed again, thanks to you and your inspiration :) ) I twirled it around and glued to a piece of felt and added a brad, button and jewel. I was happy with it for my first time around.



Again I so love the grey, white, black and gold.


Can't have a book without bling!!!!!


I love love love love love love ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ DAMASK.


I also cut up a rub on, which I never would have thought to do until I took Jenni Bowlin's class in Mykonos, Greece. Honestly I used to hate rub ons, but now I love them.


I printed sweet memories on a tag and adhered with a brad and Heidi Swapp ghost clock.


I made the cute little grey polka dot pocket with a brush stamp from House of 3 so they could put little bits and pieces in it from the shower.

See another little sprinkle of Damask, cause I LOVE IT. I make little circles all the time and print them out and use a punch to punch them out. I have all sizes of circle and scalloped punches.

I used some old vintage buttons for the last page on top of couple of paper pieces. The base of the book was a Michaels 1.00 book in the bin by the door.Theh original book from Janet Hopkins was an old book and she used a binder mechinism. I cannot find them at all except in BULK and I cannot use 1000 binder mechinims. Ugh. Someday I will tackle it one day.


Now I had to finish this book in a hurry this am as the shower was today. I couldn't do it without my yummy pumpkin spice latte. ( my favorite )
And now I have to clean up this giant mess in my scrap room so I can start something else, plus edit the 500 pictures I took today at the baby shower.

1 comment:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

wow- makes me wish I had a wee one so you could make me a book t=like that for their first year!!! It's gorgeous sis!