Thursday, August 26, 2010

A much Better Day

Yesterday was a much better day, if fact one of the best days I have had in months. For one thing, I did not wear my work uniform. I was announcing(at least in my mind) I am the administrator, not the every job, everything, every person -Person today. I cleaned off the RN desk and moved back to my office and stayed there for the most part except when I needed to round with Tom. What a difference. I made myself less assessable which helped me a great deal. I just cant be everywhere, doing everything like I have since Taryn left. I am sure that the pressure of me being gone for over two weeks in two weeks was the trigger for my meltdown. But everyone in that office depends on me so much, and I am not sure everyone realizes all the crap I put up with so they do not have too or really how much work I really do. Part of that is my fault as I can do a hundred things at once and make it look so easy. I delegate little and take it on myself. Well I am no longer going to do that, let someone else worry about it. I need to protect my sanity right now. So here is to another "better day"

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Glad to hear that. Stay strong and delegate.

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

EXACTLY the right move sis !!!!!! I'm proud of you!! XOXO

NotAlone said...

I love your blog. Please check out my new blog! Support me if you can! :)

http://hd4you.blogspot.com

Thanks and I look forward to reading your future blog post.

Smith

Catherine said...

Oh my...
Am ever so glad today is better and that vaca is close. Take care of yourself roomie.

Catherine