Sunday, February 28, 2010

Today a New Chapter Opens

This is the house I grew up in.
My parents bought it when i was two years old. There are many hidden secrets like holes in the wall behind mirrors, writing inside the closets, treasures buried in the backyard.
My parents moved in with me in 2008. We added on to our house to make them their own little wing with a bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and living room. They are getting older, my dad is 85 and my mom is 77. It was Richards idea if you can believe it. It would be easier for them and closer to one of the kids to take care of them. Since only Lindy and I live here, I was the obvious choice as Lindy (sow) still has young children.

By the time we got the remodel done and they moved in and put the house on the market, the market starting taking a nose dive. So for a year Garrett lived in this old house and then my nephew, my sisters oldest, Terry moved it. He is quite Handy and decided to buy the house. So today the papers where signed and the keys transferred.


While my parents I believe are happy, they seem sad too which I can understand. Their home is not gone, though still in the family and they are stuck living with me! LOL. I see it as a new chapter. The house will live through Terry and I am certain new wonderful things are in store for it and my parents have a little nest egg and now more worries or bills, I hope they realize that. So today I am happy for all involved! Congratulations Terry on your new home and Welcome Home mom and Dad!!

No comments: