Monday, February 15, 2010

I Heart This

I have two children. My oldest Garrett is 24 years old, a graduate of Cal Poly San Luis, a homeowner and works in banking. My youngest, Rachel is 22 years old, a college SR at Cal State Long Beach and the sweetest person you will ever meet. They are my polar opposites. Yesterday on Valentines Day I heard from them both.

I always get my sweeties something special for Valentines Day from both Richard and I, but they know its primary from their Mama. There is nothing so fierce as a mothers love. I would do anything for either one of them.

Rachel called me two days ago to wish me Happy Valentines Day. We talk couple times per week and currently are planning her graduation from college trip to Europe. She is smarter than even I give her credit for. She puts a lot of thought into all her decisions. She has a great life ahead of her. I love her very much!

Garrett, surprised me today by bringing me these.

He obviously does not pay attention to my blog so he didn't know I was at the coast. He took a picture of the flowers and messaged me with it with the text "I don't want Dad getting credit for these!" So when I got home i smiled as he actually thought of someone else besides himself. Thou chipper thought they were for him too!


My valentines day ended with a lamb chop, shrimp stuffed potatoes along with a yummy "the devil" lemon pie made especially for me by my hubby. I really do not appreciate him as much as he appreciates me. I am one lucky lady!

No comments: