Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Uncle Rickies Diner and Daycare

My life is at times quite entertaining. My husband has not worked since May. Thus he spends his days doing this and that. He had already previously done all the grocery shopping and cooking since the kids went away to college (yes I know how lucky I am). Now he is starting to get bored. Last week he brought me roses that were green, so everyone would be green with envy, then he cooked prime rib on a Monday night and here is the latest adventure. Daycare.

I was sitting last night typing my blog post when out of the blue he said I think I should babysit some of the girls at work kids to earn money. I watched our kids when you worked all night, it will be a piece of cake. A baby and couple toddlers and I am set. I stopped typing and said WHAT? He said I want to start babysitting, and since I cook so good, they can pay extra to take dinner home with them when they pick up their kids! I said right, uncle Rickie's diner and daycare! I just started laughing and he said I am serious! Where did my husband go? He doesn't like kids? I said you are going to watch 3 kids 5 days a week? He said yes I can do it. Thus I have not heard the end of it. The latest comment is that there will be a uniform on Wednesdays. I said what uniform. He said camo. They need camo clothes and the baby will need a camo car seat so on Wednesday when we are duck hunting (nature lesson), they will blend in. He will supply the little headsets to protect their ears. I said where will they sit, he said in the blind with me, I can't let them wander around like the dog! I can just picture this scenario. Of course my nurse Taryn is pregnant with a girl due in march. Richie says, pink camo is okay!

I am sure I will keep you posted on this scenario, as it will be quite entertaining. But as I finish up the post, he is talking again about turning Rachel's room into a nursery?

4 comments:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

I don't know what to say - & if I did, I am not sure I would be able to since my mouth dropped open when I read your post & it hasn't recovered yet!! I guess Richie still has some surprises up his wrinkled sleeves!! Gotta love him

Foo said...

I am also speechless! I wish I had the money to remodel my kitchen I could give him something to do & you a small vacation!!!!!

Nancy said...

I am looking for someone to watch the twins 10 hours per week, but he woudl have to travel this way. But, maybe I should take your sisters' speechlessness as some kind of a warning??

candra said...

This might be the funniest thing I ve heard this week!!! Let him try it! Should make for some interesting pics;)