Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Thankful


Today is veterans day and I am very thankful of all the men and women, mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters who serve this country, which in turn keeps us safe. No matter my beliefs regarding war, there is no excuse not to thank the men and woman of the armed forces today. I do feel we are so wrapped up in ourselves, the economy and what we need to do next that we never give a second thought to who keeps us safe. Those who risk their lives everyday so I can live free. So today, I shout THANK YOU! Thank you to those who have fought in the past, in the present, during wartime and not. I am so GRATEFUL. God bless and be safe.
And I also want to encourage everyone to make a donation to the USO this holiday season. My husbands asks everyone to donate to the USO in place of buying a gift. A $25.00 donation sends $50.00 worth of items to a solider. Its something simple that means alot.

No comments: