Saturday, November 28, 2009

OH SO THANKFUL

Well Thanksgiving has come and gone, but today is Thanksgiving part 2. Our family always celebrates twice. Once on thursday and again on Saturday. Thus I am up making cornbread for stuffing and preparing breakfast for my family from out of town.

(pictures wont load today)

Thursday started pretty uneventful. Woke up, washed my face, took my thyroid med and off to get busy. I sat down at my computer to look up a recipe and I was sooooo dizzy. I said to myself why am I so dizzy, maybe I need to eat something! I stagger in the kitchen and said no its not low blood sugar. I am sooooooooooo tired and dizzy. Then Boom it hit me, the pill i took this morning was pink, not white. OH MY GOD, I took a sleeping pill. I turn around and richie says whats wrong? I told him, he looked at my like I was a complete idiot and I just said, I have to go back to bed. So back I went for an hour (its all I had to spare) then back to the kitchen to cook. While Richie does the majority of the cooking here at the Welch's, I do most of the holiday cooking. Plus Nana was coming from the home for thanksgiving and I needed all my wits about me as I had to drive her back home to visalia later that night. Needless to say, it all worked out but unfortunately I wasn't sleep to get any sleep that night. Ugh. Here's a few pics of my dishes. Now while the composition are not great, the food tasted marvelous.

1 comment:

Suzanne@NotesfromthePatch said...

What a nightmare (no pun intended). I had a touch of something Tuesday and Wednesday but was well enough to cook on Thursday and to eat my way through everything. Glad it all came out okay!