Monday, October 26, 2009

Customer service, a pet peave as my sister would say

My sister DeDe and I were talking recently regarding customer service. Many people and businesses have lost their customer service. When I am waited on in a store, eye contact or asking me how I am doing just seems to be gone. One place that trains their employees regarding customer service and the do's and don't is Starbucks. They always look at you, address you and thank you with a smile. That should be the standard. You should not talk on the phone or text while a customer is standing there, period. As most of you know I run a busy cardiology practice and try to coach my employees and customer service. Thou I admit, more patients are demanding and rude and its getting harder and harder to keep a smile on my face.

One place recently that impressed me with their customer service was Blue Moon Scrapbooking. I had ordered some prima flowers online. A day or so later, on a weekend, I received a call from Scott regarding my order and a particular item that was back ordered. He took the time to ask me what I loved about scrapbooking and what products I used the most. Lets just say I was impressed and will order from them again! Please check our their store, I have put a shortcut under sites I love and their blog is also great as well. In the day of the Internet, personally calling a customer instead of emailing them was refreshing and the personal touch unexpected.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Texting and phone conversations work both ways. For those of us on the other side of the counter we so appreciate customers who don't talk on the phone while shopping with us. Also, if you're sick stay home. We love you all but not when you're contagious! We love to share, just not your germs.