Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Boy is Growing up

Just when I got used to the fact he bought his first new car all by himself, he goes off and gets himself a house!


Garrett graduated last year from Cal Poly, he spent 10 hard months finding a job in this economy. Since he started at San Joaquin Bank, he has been working toward the goal of buying his first house before the November 31st deadline for the 8000 bonus money.

Of course he needed my husbands help in finding the house. He was disappointed at first as it was discouraging with the junk he was looking at. With the help of Jill from the McCarty group, this past Sunday, he walked into "THE ONE". The house is a great little house. Five years old and was redone with new paint, carpet and tile. It even has a BBQ island out back and that's the one thing Garrett does well. So here are a few pictures of this little special place my son will call home.


















Here he looks scared! LOL Thats Jill, his realtor!


AND THE BIGGEST DECISION: 32 OR 37 INCH FLAT SCREEN TV. WHICH WILL FIT?


His dad and I are so happy for him. Secretly I am scared. Such responsibility at 24! But if I stop and think at his age, I was married, had two kids and was a nurse, so I guess he'll be okay. Now off to shop for the new house, do I hear LEOPARD towels?

2 comments:

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

very, VERY groovey ! congrats Dude

Suzanne@NotesfromthePatch said...

What a pretty house! Congratulations to you all. I know how proud you must be of him. SJ Bank huh? I've had my business account there since 1985. Love that bank! What other bank sends hand signed get well cards from all the tellers to customers who have had surgery. I was so touched by their thoughtfulness. Here's to a bright and happy future.