Monday, July 6, 2009

Thundercats Ho!

I needed to take a break at midnight from cleaning and preparing for the funeral Monday, so I sat down at my laptop and pulled up this picture of Garrett at age 2. He LOVED LOVED LOVED the thundercats when he was 2. Richard and I hunted all around town to get the thundercat sword that lite up. We fought the crowds and found one. We got it home and put the batterries in and it did not work. Ugh. So off we went to find another one. Luckily this one worked. Garrett would run around the house screaming Thundercats, Thundercats, Thundercats Ho!
Even today, he digs the thundercats.

I wanted to capture him in this moment and faded him into the background paper. By blending the thundercats into the a dark purple background, you cannot tell its pixelated. The end result brought a smile to Garrett's face.


So as I head off to bed in preparation for Van's funeral, my mind is full of past Memories or my children and of Van. Goodnight.

No comments: