Saturday, February 14, 2009

Practice Practice Practice

Okay, I just have to practice more with my new camera and lens. I asked my pal Nancy if I could use the twins as my subjects for my camera lesson this weekend and so I packed up and headed out. Love those two little cuties, but Charity was not happy much today and felicity was my pal, go figure. But here are a few of my favorites shot with my new fixed 50 mm 1.4 lens. Plus these photos are unaltered. I can't really learn if I alter everything I shoot.







I then was suppose to shoot two fixed subjects. So I grabbed two vases of flower, I had two cause my son Garrett bought me flowers for valentines day. Can you believe that. First time ever. Anyway, my little chipper jumped into this shot to smell the flowers. I had the aperture open as wide as it could go with focus on the foreground flowers, thus the blur in the background. Well I will keep practicing, but I think its all starting to click a little bit more





Happy Valentines Day

2 comments:

candra said...

AW! I love these!

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

ooooooohhhh ..... I love the shot with chipper smelling the 2nd vase in the backround. very cool