Friday, February 13, 2009

It came today!

My new camera came today. I have changed from Nikon to Canon as I really wanted a 50 mm 1.4 lens that was just impossible to obtain a week ago. Of course just my luck, nikon release some more of them two days ago after I called every camera store in america, oh well.

Anyway, I ran home put the camera together and tried to find a cooperative subject. Of course, my little bitty kitty was eating. He is so funny, he likes to eat out of the can. With his paw.



So with a lens with an open aperture, you have a smaller focus filed, which then blurs the background and around your subject. It also changes the depth of the field. While this is my first attempt, I thought I did get a little of what I was trying to do. So will be working with it more this weekend, but here are some of my favorites from tonight.





And Lets not forget Daddy's Kitty!


Now off to read my new manuel.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Oh, I can definately see an improvement! Now I'm excited to get mine (hopefully next weekend) This is so exciting!!!!WhooHoo

THE PRINCESS of everything ... said...

have fun with your new toy ... I am hoping to get some picture time in tomorrow XO