Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sneak Peak

I have been working on the February Hybrid class. Masking was requested. I decided I would do a simple heart mask and show how to use a shape as a mask. I also will be throwing in a more decorative mask for the class but will not be posting this one. For those who know me, know how hard it was for me to write on this layout. I hate my handwriting. But when I sat down to type out a list, it seemed so less personal and I wanted Rachie (my daughter in the photo) to know how special she is. I am also sure my friend Suzanne will notice the sewing holes minus threads on the right hand side. I stitched with my sewing machine, but it sucked. So I took it out and like just the holes. I think I need sewing for dummies. I dint think its the machine, its me. I simply do not know which dials to turn to make a perfect stitch. I guess I will have to read this manual. Ugh. Oh well I am glad that the imperfect sewing on my layouts is my signature so my friends don't seem to mind much. I think the next time I have time off during the week, I am just going to sit and watch Suzanne sew! Maybe her genius will rub off on me!

Well back to the old drawing board!
PS photo courtesy of my Pal Candra

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love how it looks - unsewing and all! I'd be happy to meet with you in your lush scrapping room anytime and see if we can get it sewing on paper. Just let me know when.

Rhonna Farrer said...

this turned out super cute! even without the sewing :)
R

candra said...

OMG Rhonna Farrer just commented on your blog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I'm commenting now just to be near her comment!!!!!!!!! So excited for you, and she's right, it looks great as it is. All of your stuff always does. xoxoxoxo