Saturday, January 3, 2009

Love Is All Around

Love all around us. That popped right into my head when I saw this picture and started to create this page for my family book.






This is my sister Lisa, or as we call her Foo Foo. I can't remember why we call her Foo Foo, but that's what we call her. The love that is wrapped around her is Rebecca, or gigit as I like to call her. Don't know why, it just popped into my head and stuck. Unfortunately lots of things pop into my mind everyday, most are pretty scary!


Love comes in many ways. Some may say this love is wrong. But I would say, you don't understand this love, so it's wrong to you. I have always accepted my sister and her choices. That's what sissy's do. Funny growing up, we were not close. Today, we are the closest I think. We talk to each other almost every day. I can't go too long without seeing her. She supports my thoughts, wishes and dreams without question, just as I do the for her. Gigit is the best "sister in law" a girl can have. The biggest asset is that my husband Richard LOVES her! I mean loves her. Why, I don't know, maybe cause she gets him and does not judge him. For those who know him, that can be hard at times. He has a rough outside, but inside he is a teddy bear and would do anything for those he loves.


Life can't be perfect, if it was then all the soul mates in the world would be together. It makes me happy that Foo Foo found hers. As you know, there is only one soul mate for each person. I stumbled onto a book about soul mates recently and here are some bits and pieces I loved.


"One never consciously seeks out one's soul mate...The soul mate finds you. He or she merely appears in one's life when the right time and circumstances come."


"When soul mates meet, there is from the very beginning instant recognition of each other stemming from the very core of their beings, and this recognition has an aura of certainty that defies logic. This is commonly called 'love at first sight'."


"Soul mate relationships can never be one-sided, for the two meet because they are mutually attracted to each other in this incarnation from the highest levels of their consciousness. If they did not attract each other, they would never have met in this lifetime."


"A soul mate encounter brings about a stirring of soul memory and one recognizes a soul mate intuitively from the very recesses of the soul."


"When it's time for souls to meet, there's nothing on earth that can prevent them from meeting, no matter where each may be located on planet Earth."


"A soul mate encounter is spiritually uplifting."


"There can only be one soul mate for each person because only one individual can be a perfect partner at all levels of his or her being and only one individual (which is the other half) who can share exactly the same pattern of soul evolution and destiny."


"Karmic partners are often mistaken for soul mates because some karmic encounters are very strong or powerful."


"Soul mates may or may not be partners in life, legally speaking. And more often than not, they may not be married to each other. That is, perhaps, the reason why so many marriages flounder."


"We must realize that we seldom meet a person by accident. Almost everyone we meet in this lifetime is an old acquaintance we met in a distant past."


"A meaningful encounter between two individuals is always karmic in character. Deep friendships are of the same category. Parent and child, boss and subordinate, and sweetheart relationships are also karmic."


"A true soul mate encounter has no ifs or buts.


So I have had many many karmic encounters in my life and know I will have more. So if we never meet someone by accident, then why can't I meet McDreamy? I guess I will have to add that to my "To Do List"!!

1 comment:

candra said...

Friendships ARE totally in the same category as soul mates, and I'm thankful that we met!