Friday, December 26, 2008

One down, one to go.

Well, Christmas has come and gone and I am soooooooooo tired. Work has been so busy this month, coupled with all the holiday preparations I feel like a ran a marathon. So in my mind, I will say I ran a marathon in 2008! LOL. It's Friday and I am working up a storm as we have a full day, thus for those who know me, know how sad it is that I could not go shopping the day after Christmas! I have so much planned to the coming year and I am going to work on one major item this year. I am going to get something, I hope, published in a scrapbooking magazine. I am going to focus as much attention as I can into getting a layout published. Of course, I hope to build my client list. I love the creative process of documenting not only my memories, but memories of others.

So I will bulldoz forward in 2009 and hope this year will be "My Year". But as I look forward to the new year, I look back on this year and remember a few people who helped me be who I am today.

Candice: She is the angel part of my consence. I bounce so many things off her, knowing I will get the answer that pushes back at the devil in me that so wants to come out. So in my mind, she is "An Angel". I couldn't work the way I do without her.

Candra: What a surpise I got when I met this "mississippi girl" WOW is all I can say. I felt a connection the first time I met her in a digital scrapbooking class I took from her. I bet she never thought she would meet this crazy, fun, work-a-holic blonde chick that day. But now I can say she is one of my closest friends and I know we will be friends for LIFE. Paris here we come!!!!

Debbie Sue: Debbie has been my friend for over 20 years, she is my longest friend (i cant say oldest friend, its soooo wrong). Without her I would laugh less, my nails and toes would be UGLY and my life would be so boring. When I need her she is there and I feel I take take take from her and never give back. We think alike and without her, I would get to sleep in till 530 am. So thanks for that workouts, the happy hours and the pretty nails. You ROCK!

Nancy: While I dont get to hang out with Nancy as much as I would like, I do think she is one person that sees right through me. I can't pull anything over on this gal. I think she has a lot to give, and holds it all together. The way she blogs and records memories of her children is so special that it makes me feel guilty that all I can do for her is put her ideas on paper. I think our friendship will continue to evolve and know if ever I need something, she will be there. Love you Nancy.

So as we approach New Years I look back on this great year and hope 2009 will be that much better. Of course it would be super if I could have Fridays off !!!!! But I gotta keep working on that. But maybe Obama will do that for me!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

You do work hard, but play even harder. It seams to me that you have found a fairly good balance of work and fun (and taking good care of yourself)! You are one determined gal and I'll just bet money you will make our goal of being in a magazine! Good luck and good health in the new year!