Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

As a new year begins, 2008 ends. There are so many things that have happened in 2008. The biggest thing was my introduction into another facet of scrapbooking, DIGITAL scrapbooking. I first saw a BEAUTIFUL layout in Simply Scrapbooks done by Candra George. I stood there one day and looked at it for at least an hour, or at least it felt like it. I couldn't wait to take the class. Well, never would I have guessed that this one class would start a new chapter in my scrapbooking hobby. A hobby I hope to turn into a career. And to top that, I became friends with Candra, or Mississippi Girl as I like to call her. Like I have said in many posts before. She all inspiring, and the angel in my angel vs devil world. We are so opposite but so alike its scary. I also acquired a scrap space this year. I know all my friends are sooooooooooo jealous of my little space at of all places, work. But really, I have to be there so much and I really want a day off during the week to pursue this. But realistically, its not possible, so a compromise was to allow me some space to use at the office. This place is so creatively inspiring. I love love love it, and love sharing it with my friends.

This past year my son graduated from college. It was a very proud moment. Unfortunately with today's economy he is still trying the right job. But I know things will happen for him, and being 23 without kids or a wife is the right time to find his way. We all need that from time to time.

My daughter returned from a year abroad in England. Wow, she came back a women. I admire her courage and her spirit. I am so proud of her. She is FABULOUS.

This past year, my parents moved in the their "wing of the house". It makes me realize how time has flown and how much I have always needed them. Everyday, I tell them I love them. That is so important.

So as I sit here by myself ringing in the New Year, I look forward to 2009 and will start working on my goal of getting published. I hope in one year, the first thing on my list will be I WAS PUBLISHED THIS YEAR!!!

4 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy New Year Cindy! I love your banner and seriously need a class in making those. Better yet can I contract you to do them for me? I mean it. How about a package of six? New Years, Valentines, Easter, Patriotic, Fall and Christmas. Name your price, I'm there.
PS a great way to be seen and get exposure for your goal for 2009! =)

candra said...

I always love when I'm "published" on your blog!

Suzanne said...

Did you notice I said nothing about alcohol? Can't go there. It's refined
sugar I've given up - not the sugar in my margarita mix - that's different.
Isn't it?

Hey, I just gave your name to a friend who needs a blog banner. Her name is
Mary Christiansen. She's a fabulous Realtor and a very creative fun lady. Hope she
contacts you!
Suzanne

Teresa said...

Hi Cindy,
Just wanted to touch base and say "HAPPY NEW YEAR!" I enjoy the site and keeping up on your news and thoughts.