Sunday, October 19, 2008

He is not a little boy anymore


I knew this day would come. My son Garrett will move on in his life, not needing his mommy anymore. Saturday was when I realized he was now an adult. He bought his first new car or truck I should call it, all on his own. I did not have to do a thing. Wow just yesterday he was running into kindergarten, driving for the first time and now this. I saw a hint of this on Friday. Avery has been cutting his hair since he was 3 years old. He stood up after his haircut and said Avery, I'm gonna shock you. She looked at him and said what Garrett? He said, I am going to pay for my haircut. She just stared at him and he said how much? When he told me that, I know I should have been jumping up for joy, but instead I had a little tear as he is not my little boy any longer. And then the big blow the next day. I am so proud of him He has become more than I could ever have hoped for, but more than that, I now see that he has a bright future and he will be okay. Richard and I must have done something right. I love you boo.

No comments: