Friday, October 10, 2008

Ahh, 5 pm On Friday

I have never wanted 5 pm on Friday to get here as bad as I do today. This week has been hectic. Work never seems to slow down, I wanted to stay at the beach and never come home, but alas I have to work :(

However at 5 am today I was in my Happy Place, and the creative process has begun.



Yep, Christmas and thanksgiving are just around the corner and I have many projects in the work. Now is the time to get in the orders for Xmas books and layouts. I had the second in a series of 3 Hybrid class last night at Simply Scrapbooks. It went well. I think I have encouraged a couple of students to keep trying and soon they will never want to leave their laptop at home! I am hoping to teach one hybrid layout a month next year, with the emphasis of learning a new trick each time while learning to incorporate traditional elements and papers. Makes me smile just thinking about it. But of course the boss man will make a comment about my room being messy, but I am in the middle of it right now. At least my office is still clean!


Well, the whistle has blown and I am off to have dinner with my son. I am a hunting widow on Friday nights now (not that I mind) and am going to stop by my pal Candra's art show before heading to famous Dave's for some BBQ. I hope everyone has a great weekend and I will have a sneak peak at my weekend creations on Monday.

Party on!